1. Rinse chicken with cool water and pat dry. Combine flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When foam subsides, cook chicken, turning often, until golden brown, about 10 minutes (work in batches if necessary). Transfer to a slow cooker. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. of fat from skillet.
3. Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. (If pan begins to scorch, add some of the broth and continue stirring.) Add garlic; sauté 1 minute longer. Stir in paprika, cumin and cinnamon and stir until fragrant, about 15 seconds (mixture will be dry). Pour in broth, increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring to pick up any browned bits. Boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours. About 1 hour before chicken is done, scatter apricots and olives over chicken and sprinkle with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and spoon pan juices with apricots and olives over and around chicken. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve.