Loved it!!!! Will definitely increase the cumin, cinnamon and coriander next go around. Let's see what happens when I do that.
Moroccan Chicken and Carrots
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
The warm spices of this one-pan dinner complement the roasted carrots.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 417
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sodium: 548mg
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound rainbow* or regular carrots, peeled and cut into thirds diagonally
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds or other whole blanched and toasted almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, mix chicken with 2 tbsp. oil, the spices, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 2. Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large ovenproof frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken skin side down until skin is crisped, about 4 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 3. Add carrots to pan and cook, stirring often, until starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Add raisins, almonds, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Set chicken skin side up on top of carrots.
- 4. Roast until carrots are browned and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- *Rainbow carrots, sold at farmers' markets and some supermarkets, taste just like regular carrots but add a mix of bright colors.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note