- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound rainbow* or regular carrots, peeled and cut into thirds diagonally
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds or other whole blanched and toasted almonds
- calories 417
- caloriesfromfat 58 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 27 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- sodium 548 mg
- cholesterol 58 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, mix chicken with 2 tbsp. oil, the spices, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large ovenproof frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken skin side down until skin is crisped, about 4 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Add carrots to pan and cook, stirring often, until starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Add raisins, almonds, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Set chicken skin side up on top of carrots.
Roast until carrots are browned and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
*Rainbow carrots, sold at farmers' markets and some supermarkets, taste just like regular carrots but add a mix of bright colors.