Chicken with Moroccan Spices, Lemon, Olives, and Raisins.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) chicken cut into pieces
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 1 whole(s) lemon peel cut into thin strips
- 1 cup(s) green olives
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Combine all the spices in a large bowl. Pat dry the chicken pieces and put in the bowl, coat well with the spice mixture. Let the chicken stand for one hour in the spices.
- 2 In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces, sprinkle lightly with salt (go easy on the salt, the olives and lemons are salty), and brown, skin side down for five minutes. (If you are using a clay tagine, you will skip the browning step, heat only to medium heat and use a heat diffuser on the heating element to prevent the tagine from cracking.) Lower the heat to medium-low, add the garlic and onions. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- 3 Turn chicken pieces over. Add the lemon slices, olives, raisins, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer on medium heat, then lower the heat to low, cover, and cook for an additional 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and quite tender.
- 4 Mix in fresh parsley and cilantro right before serving. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with couscous, rice, or rice pilaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynnMoran and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moroccan Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes