- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound (about 20) small carrots, peeled, preferably with greens on (or baby carrots)
- 4 cups mâche lettuce or other spring greens
- 12 pitted picholine olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- calories 133
- fat 7 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 357 mg
- calcium 127 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over moderately high heat in a small nonstick skillet; add shallot, and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and the next 3 ingredients (through cinnamon), and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and whisk in honey and orange and lemon juice. Stir in cilantro.
When water is boiling, cook carrots for 8 minutes or until just tender. With tongs, transfer carrots to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
Divide the salad greens, carrots, olives, and feta cheese among 4 serving plates. Drizzle with the dressing, and serve.