Moroccan Carrot and Chickpea Salad
Community Recipe from
- 10 ounce(s) carrots roasted
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces carrots, shredded on a box grater or sliced whisper thin on a mandolin
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15- ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 2/3 cup / 100 g dried pluots, plums, or dates cut into chickpea-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup / 30 g fresh mint, torn
- For serving: lots of toasted almond slices, dried or fresh rose petals - all optional (but great additions!)
- To make the dressing, first toast the cumin seeds in a dry skillet until fragrant and lightly browned, a minute or two. Let cool, and grind to a powder with a mortar and pestle.
- In a bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, chickpeas, dried pluots, mint, and almonds, and rose petals (if you're including those as well.) Gently toss until everything is evenly coated. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (You can toss this salad, minus the almonds, hours in advance. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.)
- Serves 6.
- Prep time: 15 min
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kphillips710 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moroccan Carrot and Chickpea Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads