Moroccan Beef Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) lean beef cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 4 whole(s) carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 whole(s) red onions chopped
- 3 whole(s) garlic cloves minced
- 1 can(s) 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) 15 oz chickpeas rinsed drained
- 2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 cup(s) black olives
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 whole(s) lemon juice only
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper , then carefully add beef to the hot oil in the pan. Keeping the heat on medium-high, brown the meat on all sides, which will take five to eight minutes. Remove meat and set aside.
- To the brown juice remaining in the pan , add garlic and onion. Cook over medium-high heat until onions are soft.
- Add back to the pan the cooked meat along with tomatoes , water, broth , carrots , chickpeas, spices, sugar, lemon zest, and olives. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook covered for an hour, stirring occasionally . Cook for an additional 30-60 minutes if meat is still tough. Add more water while cooking if stew is too thick. Add cilantro and lemon juice just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moroccan Beef Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes