Moroccan Beef Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 pound(s) Beef chuck cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 6 cup(s) chicken or beef broth
- 2 can(s) chick peas, 15 oz cans
- 1/2 cup(s) spaghetti, broken
- 6 tablespoon(s) cilantro
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Heat 1 T oil in a large Dutch oven or heav pot over medium-high heat. Add beef, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tspn pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until no juices remain and meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add remaining 1 T oil, garlic, carrot, onion, and 1/2 tspn salt and cook until vegetables are softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in cumin, paprika, cinnamon and ginger and cook, stirring constantly 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until beef is just tender, about 45 minutes; kim off and iscard any foam on surface while cooking, if needed.
- 3. Add chickpeas, spaghetti, 1/2 tspn salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and continue to cook, covered, until spaghetti is al dente, 10 to 15 minutes more.4. To serve, season to taste with salt and pepper, then ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMo3001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moroccan Beef Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews