Moroccan Baked Chicken (Oven recipe)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Chicken
- • 1 chicken, cut in half
- • 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
- • 2 or 3 onions, thinly sliced
- • 3 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- • 1 cinnamon stick
- • 1 teaspoon ginger
- • 1 teaspoon turmeric
- • 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- • 1 teaspoon cumin
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Ras el Hanout (optional)
- • salt, to taste
- • 1/2 cup green olives with pits
- • 1 preserved lemon, quartered (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Pour the olive oil into a large baking dish. Add the sliced onions and garlic, and place the chicken halves on top, skin side up.
- Sprinkle the spices across the chicken and onions. Add the cinnamon stick, olives and preserved lemon, and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered and basting occasionally, for 45 minutes to one hour, or until the chicken is light golden brown. Reduce the heat to 350° F (180° C), and continue baking for another 30 minutes or longer, until the chicken is deeply browned, the juices run clear, and the leg joints can be moved easily.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve the chicken directly from the baking dish, or transfer everything to a serving platter. If desired, top the chicken with Belgian Fries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by StephanieZW and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Moroccan Baked Chicken (Oven recipe) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes