Wonderful! A little time consuming prep wise with getting the apple and carrots chopped but otherwise very easy and so tasty! I soaked the raisins in hot water to plump them up and soften them before adding them to the mixture.
Morning Glory Muffins
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 23 Minutes
Cool: 6 Minutes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15.2-ounce) package cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3/4 cup grated peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 small apple)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients until blended.
- Remove and reserve streusel packet from muffin mix package. Stir together contents of muffin mix packet and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Add egg mixture, pineapple, and next 4 ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Place baking cups in muffin pans. Spray with cooking spray. Spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with reserved streusel packet.
- Bake at 425° for 18 to 23 minutes or until golden. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Stir together powdered sugar, lemon rind, and lemon juice until smooth, and drizzle over tops of muffins, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Cinnabon Cinnamon Streusel Premium Muffin Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch