- 2 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- calories 191
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 19 mg
- sodium 201 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss carrots, walnuts and pineapple with 2 Tbsp. flour.
In a separate large bowl, combine remaining all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oats. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, brown sugar and egg, breaking up any clumps of sugar. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Stir in carrot mixture until just combined.
Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn muffins out of pan onto rack to cool.