Was great! Will add green chiles next time for a New Mexican kick!
Monterey Jack Omelets with Bacon, Avocado, and Salsa
Omelets make wonderful quick suppers. This southwestern-flavored omelet makes two hefty servings or serves four if you'd like.
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 fully cooked bacon slices
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- Reheat bacon according to package directions until crisp; coarsely crumble. Stir together bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, avocado, and salsa; set aside to use as filling. Combine remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cilantro in a bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, water, salt, and pepper. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a 9" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour half of egg mixture into skillet, and sprinkle with half of cilantro-cheese mixture. As egg starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Sprinkle 1 side of omelet with half of bacon filling. Fold in half. Cook over medium-low heat 45 seconds. Remove from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining butter, egg mixture, cilantro-cheese mixture, and bacon filling. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note