These are great sandwhiches, have been making them for years, but we dip ours in honey, They are great for breakfast as well....
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 414
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 169mg
- Sodium: 989mg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 slices sturdy white sandwich bread
- 4 slices turkey breast
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices Black Forest or other ham
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup raspberry or strawberry jam (optional)
- In a wide, shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk to combine. Lay a slice of bread on a work surface and top with 1 slice turkey, 1 slice cheese, 1 slice ham and a second slice of bread. Repeat to assemble remaining sandwiches.
- Warm a large nonstick frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Melt butter (if pan is not large enough to accommodate all 4 sandwiches, melt half of butter and cook sandwiches in 2 batches). When butter sizzles, swirl pan to coat. Carefully dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning to lightly coat both sides, and lay sandwiches in hot pan. Cook, turning once, until sandwiches are well-browned on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes total.
- To serve, cut sandwiches in half diagonally and sprinkle lightly with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Top each sandwich half with a small dollop of jam, or serve jam alongside for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This