Monte Cristo Sandwiches
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 659
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 261mg
- Sodium: 982mg
- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) slices baguette
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard or honey mustard
- 6 ounces sliced maple-baked ham
- 6 ounces sliced roasted turkey breast
- 6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, for frying
- 1/2 cup blackberry jam or maple syrup, for serving
- Lay baguette slices on a work surface and spread mustard on one side of each slice. Layer ham, turkey and cheese evenly on each of 12 bread slices, then cover with remaining bread slices to make 12 small sandwiches.
- Beat eggs and 1/4 cup water in a wide, shallow bowl. Add sandwiches, two at a time, and turn in egg mixture to coat thoroughly. In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Add 6 sandwiches to skillet, cover and cook until golden on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on other side, about 3 minutes longer. Keep sandwiches in a warm oven while you repeat process with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve with jam or syrup for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note