I loved the presentation part of these...but the meatballs really lacked taste. Wonder if they should be cooked just in chutney (rather than diluted with broth). Couldn't find the particular relish, so I just bought jar of sweet-n-hot salad peppers and chopped them up.
Monster Meatball Sandwiches
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey, Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
- 32 bite-size frozen meatballs
- 1 (9-oz.) jar mango chutney
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 16 fresh dinner rolls
- 1 (16-oz.) jar sweet-hot pickle sandwich relish
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 2. Cut rolls vertically through top, cutting to but not through bottom. Place 2 meatballs in each roll. Top with desired amount of relish.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Wickles Hoagie & Sub Sandwich Relish.
- To make ahead: Prepare meatballs as directed through Step 1. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator 3 to 4 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note