i just pulled them out of my oven and they are fantastic. side note i added bacon and onions. thank you for the recipe
Give sausage balls a spooky look by placing a pimiento-stuffed olive in the center of each one. These "eyes" are a fun breakfast treat on Halloween morning.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 18 Minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 1 8-ounce block Muenster cheese, shredded
- 1 7-ounce jar pimiento cheese-stuffed Spanish olives
- 1. Combine 3 cups all-purpose baking mix; 1 lb. ground hot pork sausage; and 1 (8-oz.) block Muenster cheese, shredded, in a large bowl until blended. Shape sausage mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Press 1 pimiento-stuffed Spanish olive (you'll need 1 7-oz. jar) deeply into center of each ball. Bake at 400° for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick for all-purpose baking mix and Jimmy Dean Hot Ground Pork Sausage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note