- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cookie Icing
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flavorings, beating well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
- Roll one portion of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Spoon icing into a pastry bag with a round tip. Monogram each cookie with bride's and groom's initials.
- Note: Monogrammed cookies may be frozen in single layers on baking sheets and thawed when ready to use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This