@cookingcurrie The cream cheese goes in the sauce on top of the bread. At the end of the recipe it says, " Combine powdered sugar, remaining milk, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Microwave at HIGH 20 seconds or until warm. Drizzle over bread." The cream cheese ingredient is part of the "remaining ingredients". Hope that helps clarify things.
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 48 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 47.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 13.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
- 4.75 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package quick-rise yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup very warm fat-free milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup very warm orange juice (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, salt, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached; mix until combined. With mixer on, slowly add 1 cup milk, juice, honey, and 2 tablespoons butter; mix dough at medium speed 7 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- 2. Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Combine 3 tablespoons milk and 2 tablespoons butter in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Punch dough down; divide into 8 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll into an 8-inch rope. Cut each dough rope into 8 equal pieces, shaping each piece into a 1-inch ball. Dip each ball in milk mixture, turning to coat, and roll in sugar mixture. Layer balls in a 12-cup Bundt pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 7 dough ropes. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until almost doubled in size.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Place a plate upside down on top of bread; invert onto plate. Combine powdered sugar, remaining milk, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Microwave at HIGH 20 seconds or until warm. Drizzle over bread.
Also featured in: Cooking Light Lighten Up, America!, Oxmoor House, 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note