Good solid base sauce! Easy to make and a nice intro to cooking an Asian meal if your new to it. I would recommend adding mushrooms, a white onion, some red pepper flakes and sriacha, maybe cashews or peanuts too, and then this would be an amazing dish!!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless top sirloin, cut into thin slices
- 2 bunches green onions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice
- Stir together first 5 ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add beef, in batches, and stir-fry 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil in skillet; heat 2 minutes. Add green onions, and stir-fry 5 minutes or until tender.
- Return beef to skillet; stir-fry 2 minutes or until heated. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes