Monday Night Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 2 Italia n sausage links
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cup(s) butternut squash cubed
- 2 cup(s) tubetti pasta or small shaped
- 4 or 5 stalk(s) rapini (brocollini) coarsly chopped
- 1 med. red bell pepper med. diced
- 1/2 cup(s) Asiago or parmesan cheese freshly grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Remove sausage from casing, form into small balls 1 inch wide. Cook in skillet over med. heat til browned on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in med. saucepan over med high heat. Add onion, spriinkle with pinch of salt, cook til trranslucent about 5 min.
- Add broth and remaining salt to saucepan, heat to a boil. Add squash and pasta. Cook til pasta is al dente and squash in done, about 10 min. Add the broccoli rabe and red pepper 1 or 2 min before pasta is done.
- Add sausage balls, season with pepper and more salt if needed.
- Serve soup topped with grated cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janebanta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note