Monday Night Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 2 Italia n sausage links
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cup(s) butternut squash cubed
- 2 cup(s) tubetti pasta or small shaped
- 4 or 5 stalk(s) rapini (brocollini) coarsly chopped
- 1 med. red bell pepper med. diced
- 1/2 cup(s) Asiago or parmesan cheese freshly grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Remove sausage from casing, form into small balls 1 inch wide. Cook in skillet over med. heat til browned on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in med. saucepan over med high heat. Add onion, spriinkle with pinch of salt, cook til trranslucent about 5 min.
- Add broth and remaining salt to saucepan, heat to a boil. Add squash and pasta. Cook til pasta is al dente and squash in done, about 10 min. Add the broccoli rabe and red pepper 1 or 2 min before pasta is done.
- Add sausage balls, season with pepper and more salt if needed.
- Serve soup topped with grated cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janebanta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes