This recipe came out great. I used 2 cups of pecans and a tad bit more butter. The only thing I would change is adding a bit more corn syrup. I would like the consistency to be a little thicker. However my family loved it. The enjoyed the fact it wasn't too sweet.
Mom's Pecan Pie
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish frozen unbaked pie shell
- 1. Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Stir together eggs and next 5 ingredients; stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie shell.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until set, shielding pie with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Serve warm or cold.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mrs. Smith's Deep Dish Frozen Pie Shell.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This