Mom's Chilly-Day Cheese Soup
The cheese and potatoes in this soup makes a wonderful, winter comfort food.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 8 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 2 16-oz. pkgs. frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend
- 1 10-3/4 oz. can cream of celery soup
- 1 10-3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 16-oz. pkg. pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
- Combine potatoes, onion and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add frozen vegetables; cook until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in soups; mix well. Add cheese and simmer for a few more minutes, until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mom's Chilly-Day Cheese Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Main Dishes