Mom's Brown Sugar Bars
Press dough into the jelly-roll pan with lightly floured fingertips.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1. Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- 3. Press dough into an ungreased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Place pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over warm cookie. Let stand 5 minutes; spread chocolate evenly over top. Sprinkle evenly with almonds. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note