Mommom Clary's Hot Milk Cake
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all purpose flour sifted
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 stick(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour baking pan(s).
- In a 1 qt saucepan, slowly heat milk and butter, until butter is completely melted and milk is just scalded...
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy, then add sugar. Beat until thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly with each addition.
- Carefully add milk/butter mixture, stirring/mixing continuously. Mix until batter is of uniform consistency.
- Pour into prepared pan(s). Bake accordingly.
- Tube pan 45-55 minutes
- 8-9 inch round or 13x9 sheet 25-38 minutes
- Allow to cool sufficiently (*about 2 hrs)
- Frost with favorite frosting (Homemade vanilla buttercream is mine) or serve plain or with fruit.
- Serves 12
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PamelaAK and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note