Mommom Clary's Hot Milk Cake
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all purpose flour sifted
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 stick(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour baking pan(s).
- In a 1 qt saucepan, slowly heat milk and butter, until butter is completely melted and milk is just scalded...
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy, then add sugar. Beat until thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly with each addition.
- Carefully add milk/butter mixture, stirring/mixing continuously. Mix until batter is of uniform consistency.
- Pour into prepared pan(s). Bake accordingly.
- Tube pan 45-55 minutes
- 8-9 inch round or 13x9 sheet 25-38 minutes
- Allow to cool sufficiently (*about 2 hrs)
- Frost with favorite frosting (Homemade vanilla buttercream is mine) or serve plain or with fruit.
- Serves 12
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PamelaAK and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes