Mom's Yam Dish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 can(s) cut sweet potatoes (yams in light syrup) reserve juice in seperate bowl
- 1 stick(s) melted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1. Place cut sweet potatoes in large mixing bowl; beat with electric beater, pouring the reserved juice as needed to keep moist (probably one can's worth).
- 2. Add melted butter, cinnamon, brown sugar; beat.
- 3. Pour into 9x13 pan; refrigerate until ready to cook.
- 4. When ready, bake (covered or uncovered) in 350 degree oven until warmed through, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Add marshmallows (uncovered) the last 10 minutes. Remove when marshmallows are beginning to brown and melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note