Mom`s Sicilian pot roast
GooseberryPatch family favorite recipes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) rolled rump beef roast
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 28- ounce(s) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 8- ounce(s) cans Italian tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour optional
- 2 cup(s) hot water optional
- Brown roast slowly in oil over medium heat in Dutch oven. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic and seasonings to Dutch oven. Broing to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 2 1/2 hours or until tender. turning occasionallly.
- Cut roast into serving-sized slices. Return meat to Dutch oven, simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. If sauce is not thick enough, combine flour mixture into sauce, a little at a time, until sauce thickens. To serve, place prepared pasta (rotini) on large serving platter. Top with sauce and sliced meat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melrose1954 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mom`s Sicilian pot roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes