At 8 months pregnant this is the recipe I was craving and the family loved it. Served with basic burgers and easy peach cobbler (southern living) and family loves it.
Mom's Potato Salad
This remains my favorite potato salad - probably because I associate it with childhood picnics. It' best if you can make it the night before and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight so all the ingredients can combine. All the measurements are approximate and you need to mix to taste.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 7 or 8 medium potatoes boiled peeled & cooled
- 1 medium onion - I like brown best chopped fine
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 6 cup(s) eggs hard boiled & chopped
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 teaspoon(s) mustard
- 6 ounce(s) pickle relish
- sweet pickle juice to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- Boil potatoes in skins. Hardboil eggs. Cool and peel potatoes and eggs and cube. Put potatoes, eggs, chopped onions and celery together. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix dressing separately. Proportions of ingredients may vary accoring to your taste. I do the mayo and mustard first and like it to be a very pale yellow - if you love mustard, you can make it yellower. You can also chop pickles - sweet or dill - and use instead of the pickle relish. Add relish juice or sweet pickle juice and sugar to sweeten the dressing to your taste. Then add to potato mixture.
- This recipe just gets better the second day.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Susilou46 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mom's Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes