Mom's Month-end Ham & Beans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 ham bone or chopped ham
- 2 cup(s) dried beans (pinto or kidney)
- 6 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) catsup
- Soak beans overnight. Drain water.
- Place ham in 6-8 qt pan. Combine beans with rest of ingredients and add to pan. Add water to cover beans. Cover and cook approx. 2 hours. Taste and season as desired.
- NOTE: Canned beans can be substituted using 2.5 cups for each 1 cup of dried beans
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mom's Month-end Ham & Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews