The homemade sauce for this lasagna is also great on other pasta. Best made in an electric skillet, this dish works better with cooked noodles. Making the sauce is time-consuming and labor-intensive but totally worth it. I've had a lot of lasagna since the first time I had this dish, but nobody's is better.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 pound(s) hamburger, crumbled
- 8-ounce can(s) tomato sauce
- 29-ounce can(s) pureed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 8 ounce(s) lasagna noodles, uncooked or no-cook
- 1/2 pound(s) sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 pound(s) small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 1. Saute the hamburger and garlic in the oil, then add the next five items and simmer twenty minutes. 2. Meanwhile, if cooking noodles, cook about 15 minutes, then drain. 3. Fill a large, oiled casserole with alternate layers of the noodles, cheese, tomato-meat sauce and Parmesan, ending with a layer of sauce and Parmesan. 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note