You are supposed to crush the blueberries in the pan before you cook them with sugar, salt, and lemon juice -- no need for water usually. This is a family recipe for me, too. It is delicious! Sometimes I use key lime juice instead of lemon juice - love the taste!!
MOM'S FRESH BLUEBERRY PIE
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell
- 4 1/2 C. blueberries, divided
- 1 Tbls. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbls. cornstarch
- grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. sugar
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; add water, and stir well. Add 2 1/4 C. blueberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constatly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; add butter and lemon juice, stirring until butter melts. Add lemon rind. Let cool.
- When cool add remaining 2 1/4 C. blueberries and stir gently. Pour mixture into prepared pie crust. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by squeaky44 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
MOM'S FRESH BLUEBERRY PIE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries