Mom's Corn Bread Dressing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 times recipe for cornbread on Quaker Corn Meal box crumbled
- 3/4 box(es) seasoned croutons
- 3/4 loaf(s) white sandwich bread torn in small pieces
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 5 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 1/2 large onions chopped
- 1 pound(s) Owen's sausage (mild) cooked, crumbled
- 2 teaspoon(s) sage
- 2 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 eggs beaten
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- The day before get the cornbread cooked. In a large skillet melt butter and sauté celery and onion till soft. In a very large bowl or pan mix all the above ingredients up to the chicken broth. This should be enough for stuffing the inside of a large turkey and then fill a 13x9 pan. Pour chicken broth over stuffing and bake at 350 for 45 mins.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dcous52 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note