Mom's Coffee Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening or butter
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together with your hands or pastry blender until they resemble course crumbs.
- Remove a hefty handful of mixture and set aside.
- Add egg and milk to remaining mixture and mix until well blended. Pour into an 8" round greased and floured cake pan.
- Crumble remaining crumbs on top of cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If using dark cake pan decrease cooking time.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Marty1007 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note