Mom's Coffee Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening or butter
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together with your hands or pastry blender until they resemble course crumbs.
- Remove a hefty handful of mixture and set aside.
- Add egg and milk to remaining mixture and mix until well blended. Pour into an 8" round greased and floured cake pan.
- Crumble remaining crumbs on top of cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If using dark cake pan decrease cooking time.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Marty1007 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes