Mom's Almond Finger Cookies
Tender, sweet cookie with delicate almond flavor and just a hint of Christmases past.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 3 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 2 cup(s) white flour
- 1 1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment. Cream butter and sugar. Add flavoring. Sift flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture to create a stiff dough. Add almonds and work evenly through dough. Shape spoonfuls of dough into delicate logs (finger sized) and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on rack. Add a strip of pink icing and 1/4 of a maraschino cherry to each. These were a special treat in our home at Christmastime, but are a wonderful addition to a sweet tray for any special occasion. * for a more modern version, cookies can be 1/2 dipped in melted chocolate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SifterBentley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note