Mom Keezer's Potato Soup
4-6 servings Rivlets make this potato soup special! Delicious warmed up too.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 Potatoes (medium sized; approx. 2-1/2 cups), peeled (opt) & chopped to bite size
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4-1/2 cups Water
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Hormel Bacon Bits (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (or Margarine)
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Place potatoes & onions in water. Add salt & pepper; boil. Turn down heat to a light boil until potatoes are nearly done (can push fork into potato & it nearly breaks apart).
- While potatoes are cooking mix together rivlets in separate bowl. Flour mixture should be corse.
- When potatoes are nearly done, add rivlets and bacon bits; lightly boil for 2 mintues. Add butter, then milk. Heat thoroughly stirring constantly so soup doesn'tt scorch. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brookshire2237 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note