Molton Chocolate Peeps Cakes
Warm, bittersweet, molten chocolate cake with Peeps!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 4 whole(s) egg yolks
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 whole(s) egg whites
- 6 head(s) Peeps
- 1- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 2- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir frequently until the mixture is melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in 4 tablespoons of the sugar and the egg yolks. Whisk in the flour.
- 3- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until frothy. With the mixer running, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in a slow, steady stream. Continue beating the mixture just until soft peaks form. Fold about one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it, then gently fold in the remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- 4- Divide the mixture evenly among six 4 ounce ramekins or ovenproof bowls. Place a chick in the center of each ramekin, pressing to submerge (it's OK if the Chicks show a bit through the surface of the batter)
- 5- Bake just until the tops of the cakes are puffed up and dry to the touch. 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Suzmoss and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Molton Chocolate Peeps Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts