Molten Chocolate Mousse Cups
Photo: Peden & Munk; Styling: Amy Wilson
More From Sunset
Freeze: 3 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 5.5g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1. Put chocolate and butter in a medium metal bowl and set bowl over (not touching) simmering water in a pot. Heat until chocolate is almost completely melted; remove from heat, stir until smooth, and set aside.
- 2. With a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites and salt in a bowl until foamy. With mixer still on, slowly rain in sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- 3. Stir yolks into chocolate mixture until completely blended. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in whites. Divide mixture among 12 small freezer- and ovenproof coffee cups or ramekins (4 oz. each). Cover each cup with plastic wrap and freeze at least 3 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- 4. Preheat oven to 325°. Set ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet, remove plastic wrap, and bake until puffed, cracked on the edges, and just wet-looking in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cakes cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Also featured in: Sunset, February 2010
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts