Molten Chocolate Mousse Cups
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
Time: 1 hour, plus freezing time. Bake this chocolate mousse straight out of the freezer. It couldn't be easier.
Yield: Makes 12
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 5.5g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1. In a medium pot, bring 1 in. water to a simmer. Put chocolate and butter in a medium metal bowl and set bowl over pot, being careful not to let bottom of bowl touch water. Heat until chocolate is almost completely melted; remove from heat, stir until smooth, and set aside.
- 2. With a mixer on medium speed, whisk egg whites and salt in a bowl until foamy. With mixer still on, slowly rain in sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- 3. Stir yolks into chocolate mixture until completely blended. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in whites. Spoon mixture into 12 small freezer- and ovenproof coffee cups (4 oz. each). Cover each cup with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve, at least 2 hours and up to 1 week.
- 4. Preheat oven to 325°. Set cakes on a baking pan and bake until puffed, cracked on the edges, and wet-looking in the center, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts