Molten Chocolate Cakes with Chunky Raspberry Sauce
More From Allyou
- Calories: 451
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 204mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. Make sauce: Place raspberries in a large bowl and stir in lemon juice and sugar. Use a fork to mash until sugar is dissolved and sauce is chunky. Cover and chill well before serving.
- 2. Make cakes: Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter 8 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups. Dust with sugar and tap out excess. Place on a large baking sheet.
- 3. Melt 12 Tbsp. butter with chocolate in top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 4. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs and egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes. Fold in flour and chocolate mixture. Divide batter between ramekins and bake until firm yet slightly soft in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake.
- 5. Run a knife around outside of cakes to loosen and carefully turn out onto small plates. Serve warm with raspberry sauce.
Be sure not to overbake these cakes; they should be firm on the outsides and slightly soft in the centers. .
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note