Molten Chocolate Cakes with Chunky Raspberry Sauce
Serve these individual chocolate cakes warm so that the rich molten centers will ooze out and combine with the sweet raspberry sauce.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 451
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 204mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. Make sauce: Place raspberries in a large bowl and stir in lemon juice and sugar. Use a fork to mash until sugar is dissolved and sauce is chunky. Cover and chill well before serving.
- 2. Make cakes: Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter 8 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups. Dust with sugar and tap out excess. Place on a large baking sheet.
- 3. Melt 12 Tbsp. butter with chocolate in top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 4. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs and egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes. Fold in flour and chocolate mixture. Divide batter between ramekins and bake until firm yet slightly soft in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake.
- 5. Run a knife around outside of cakes to loosen and carefully turn out onto small plates. Serve warm with raspberry sauce.
Be sure not to overbake these cakes; they should be firm on the outsides and slightly soft in the centers. .
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note