Molten Chocolate Cakes with Cherry Sauce
Yield: 12 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.91
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 451
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 177mg
- Sodium: 27mg
- 11 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 egg yolks from large eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen pitted dark cherries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Amaretto
- Make cakes: Finely chop 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate and place in a medium bowl; set over a pot of simmering water. Add cream and stir until melted. Stir in almond extract.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooled and thick enough to scoop with a spoon.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder onto a large piece of waxed paper. Using a teaspoon, scoop mixture into 12 evenly sized balls and drop into cocoa. Roll into rough balls, coating evenly with cocoa. Freeze truffles while preparing cakes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 (6 oz.) glass custard cups or ramekins with shortening and dust with cocoa powder. Tap out excess. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Chop remaining chocolate and butter into small pieces. Transfer to a large, microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and flour, stirring until smooth. Whisk in yolks and whole eggs one at a time.
- Divide batter among cups. Put one truffle in each cup and push into center of batter. Bake until tops are set but slightly jiggly, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Make sauce: Combine cherries, their juice and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix cornstarch and Amaretto; add to cherries, stirring until sauce is thickened and shiny.
- When cakes are done, remove from oven and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes. To serve, spoon 2 to 3 Tbsp. sauce onto dessert plates. Run a knife around each cake to loosen; invert cakes onto sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine