Molten chocolate cake
Must use egg substitute, as cakes aren't in oven long enough for eggs to cook thoroughly.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) Unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup(s) Butter, cut into pieces
- 3 bar(s) Premium semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks (4 oz each)
- 1/2 cup(s) Whipping cream
- 11/4 cup(s) egg substitute
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) Flour
- powdered sugar
- Brush 16 muffin pans with 2 T melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with cocoa, shaking off excess. Place in refrigerator to firm butter.
- Place 3/4 c butter and chocolate in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until butter and chocolate melt. Slowly whisk in cream; set mixture aside.
- Combine egg substitute and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened; add chocolate cream and flour, beating until blended. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling within 1/4 inch from tops. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours, or cover and freeze up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw overnight in refrigerator before baking.
- Bake at 450 for 10-11 minutes or just until edges of cake spring back when lightly touched, but centers are still soft. Let stand 3 minutes before loosening edges with knife. Quickly invert cakes onto baking sheet. Transfer to dessert plates with spatula. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Molten chocolate cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts