This is extremely yummy. The rub is great and grills beautifully. We love the mango avocado salsa too. I have made this several times sometimes serving it over mixed greens like a salad. Healthy too! Added 10/6/11 - just made this with salmon and it was fabulous!
Mole-Rubbed Chicken With Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 HASS AVOCADO FROM MEXICO, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro sprigs, lime wedges
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Stir together brown sugar, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Rub chicken with sugar mixture, coating well.
- 2. Grate zest from limes to equal 1 Tbsp.; squeeze juice from limes to equal 2 Tbsp. Whisk together honey, lime zest, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Add avocado, and toss to coat. Stir in mango, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 3/4 tsp. salt.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°. Serve with mango-avocado salsa. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes