Molasses Crunch Cookies
Prep and cook time: About 1 hour. Notes: Molasses gives these crisp cookies a tangy sweetness. Store the cookies airtight for up to 3 days.
Yield: Makes about 70 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 34
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Cholesterol: 6.6mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, and molasses until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 3. Drop dough in 1 1/2-teaspoon portions, 1 1/2 inches apart, onto buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until slightly darker brown at edges, 10 to 12 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- 5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Molasses Crunch Cookies Recipe at a Glance