- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 large eggs
- Melt butter. Remove from heat and cool.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- Combine melted butter, 2 cups sugar, molasses and eggs. Beat well.
- When smooth and thick, add flour mixture, one cup at a time. When dough is well blended, cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375. Roll dough into small balls, using about 1 1/2 teaspoons for each. Roll balls into remaining 1/2 cup sugar and place 2 inhes apart on ungreased cookie sheeet. Bake about 10 minutes, until cookie is dark, golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 2 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by march1954 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Molasses Crisps Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies