Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) molasses
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 3/4 cup(s) crystallized ginger finely chooped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cardamom
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and molasses. Mix well.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, cardamom and ginger in another large bowl until well blended. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Blend the flour mixture into the butter mixture a cup at a time, mixing well, until it is all incorporated. Chill the dough in the refrigerator until firm, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place the remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a shallow dish. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and then roll in the sugar. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies, in batches, until they crackle on top, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kwierenga and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note