Just made this recipe and cannot form dough into balls -bowl of crumbly ingredients that don't begin to hold together. Tried a few and they bake into hard lumps. Have checked measurements and am confident I measured correctly. Would like a way to salvage the rest of the dough.
Molasses Cookies with Peanut-Butter Glaze
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
Yield: Yields: about 48 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Allyou
Bake: 12 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 42mg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (not natural or old-fashioned)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and spices together. In a bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in molasses and egg. Stir in flour mixture.
- 2. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake until centers are still slightly soft, about 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Beat confectioners' sugar, milk, peanut butter and vanilla until creamy. Spread cookies with glaze; let stand until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note