Molasses-Balsamic Steak Kabobs With Green Tomatoes
We also loved these kabobs with pork tenderloin and plums in place of steak and peaches.
More From Southern Living
Other: 30 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1 (1 1/2-lb.) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 small, firm peaches, quartered
- 2 medium-size green tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 medium-size red onions, cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Thread steak and next 3 ingredients alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Sprinkle kabobs with seasoned salt and pepper. Stir together molasses and vinegar.
- 3. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side. Baste with half of molasses mixture, and grill 2 minutes. Turn, baste with remaining half of molasses mixture, and grill 2 more minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes