Molasses-Balsamic Pork Kabobs With Green Tomatoes and Plums
The combination of savory and sweet flavors shines in this grilled pork kabob recipe featuring pork tenderloin, plums and green tomatoes basted in a mixture of balsamic vinegar and molasses.
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1 (1.5-lb.) package pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large plums, quartered
- 2 medium-size green tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 medium-size red onions, cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Thread pork and next 3 ingredients alternately onto skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Sprinkle kabobs with seasoned salt and pepper. Stir together molasses and vinegar.
- 3. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes. Baste kabobs with half of molasses mixture, and grill 3 minutes. Turn kabobs, baste with remaining half of molasses mixture, and grill 3 more minutes or until done.
- Molasses-Balsamic Chicken Kabobs With Green Tomatoes and Plums: Substitute 1 1/2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts for pork. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Molasses-Balsamic Turkey Kabobs With Green Tomatoes and Plums: Substitute 2 (3/4-lb.) turkey tenderloins for pork. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Molasses-Balsamic Pork Kabobs With Green Apples and Peppers: Substitute 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into eighths, and 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, for plums and green tomatoes. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This