Molasses-Balsamic Pork Kabobs With Green Tomatoes and Plums
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1 (1.5-lb.) package pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large plums, quartered
- 2 medium-size green tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 medium-size red onions, cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Thread pork and next 3 ingredients alternately onto skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Sprinkle kabobs with seasoned salt and pepper. Stir together molasses and vinegar.
- 3. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes. Baste kabobs with half of molasses mixture, and grill 3 minutes. Turn kabobs, baste with remaining half of molasses mixture, and grill 3 more minutes or until done.
- Molasses-Balsamic Chicken Kabobs With Green Tomatoes and Plums: Substitute 1 1/2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts for pork. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Molasses-Balsamic Turkey Kabobs With Green Tomatoes and Plums: Substitute 2 (3/4-lb.) turkey tenderloins for pork. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Molasses-Balsamic Pork Kabobs With Green Apples and Peppers: Substitute 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into eighths, and 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, for plums and green tomatoes. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes