Mojo Marinated Salmon
Marinate: 2 Hours
Bring To Room Temperature : 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) salmon, cut into fillets
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, very finely minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, about 3 tablespoons finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced, about 1/4 cup
- 1 orange, juiced, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine or plain white vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- Combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Pour over the salmon in a large ziploc bag or airtight container. Let the salmon marinate for about 2 hours in the refrigerator. Place the salmon on the countertop about 1/2 an hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to broil and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place the salmon fillets on the sheet and broil for 8 minutes. A general rule for cooking salmon is approximately 8 minutes total cooking time per 1" of thickness.
- Cook the fish 2 minutes less than your estimated time, then check for doneness. You can always pop it back in the oven, but you can’t fix an overcooked piece of fish. The most important thing to remember is that the fish will continue to cook for a few minutes after it is off the heat, so you have to remove it just before it is done to your liking. Salmon is best warm and flaking, but still a bit translucent even after resting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note