Fresh jalapenos, garlic, oranges and limes combine to create an excellent marinade The orange provides a unique twist and the jalapenos are just spicy enough without overtaking all the other flavors. Recipe slightly adapted from Tyler Florence by Mary Younkin, Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, very finely minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, about 3 tablespoons finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt, adjust as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper, adjust as desired
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the very finely minced garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper. Using a mortar and pestle or your hands, mash together and crush to make a paste. Scrape into a jar and then add the orange and lime juices, vinegar and oil. Shake really well to combine thoroughly. Use as a marinade for beef or chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note