Fresh jalapenos, garlic, oranges and limes combine to create an excellent marinade The orange provides a unique twist and the jalapenos are just spicy enough without overtaking all the other flavors. Recipe slightly adapted from Tyler Florence by Mary Younkin, Barefeet in the Kitchen.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, very finely minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, about 3 tablespoons finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt, adjust as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper, adjust as desired
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the very finely minced garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper. Using a mortar and pestle or your hands, mash together and crush to make a paste. Scrape into a jar and then add the orange and lime juices, vinegar and oil. Shake really well to combine thoroughly. Use as a marinade for beef or chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note