Since I would not ruin good shrimp with mint, I substituted 2 cloves of garlic for it and reduced the sugar to 2 tablespoons. This made an excellent marinade to some great shrimp.
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
This recipe goes with Mojito Shrimp
Yield: Makes about 1 cup, enough for up to 1 1/2 lbs. shrimp
- 20 chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 thinly sliced shallot
- 1/3 cup light rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine mint leaves, sugar, and shallot. Pound with a wooden spoon to crush coarsely.
- 2. Whisk in rum, lime juice, oil, lime zest, and salt. Whisk until salt dissolves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note