This was excellent and now my favorite drink recipe. I thought the mint to be too much when I first saw the recipe but it's not overwhelming. I have changed the method slightly but it's easier in the end: instead of using 3 tbsp lime juice, I just juice 1/2 lime into the glass, along with the mint and sugar. I muddle that together, then add the rum and muddle again. Add a couple of ice cubes and finish with club soda.
Thomas J. Story
- 20 rinsed fresh mint leaves (each about 1 1/2 in. long)
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons light rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 to 6 tablespoons chilled soda water
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- In an 8- to 10-ounce glass, combine 20 rinsed fresh mint leaves (each about 1 1/2 in. long) and 2 teaspoons superfine sugar. With a wooden spoon, pound mint leaves with sugar to coarsely crush. Add 4 to 5 tablespoons light rum, 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice; mix well. Fill glass with ice cubes and 4 to 6 tablespoons chilled soda water. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note